Search This Blog

Animal Rescue Site

The Animal Rescue Site

Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

My First Post

To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure what kind of treasures one might find here, but I'm certainly going to give it my best shot. There are millions of people blogging about one thing or another and I need to find my own unique niche.

I do have one unique story to tell. It's about how I met and married my husband on Halloween 5 years ago.

When I was 10 years old, my family moved into our first house. It was across town so my brother, sister and I went to a new school. I started 5th grade there. Being in a new school made me quite nervous of course, but in that new school, I met Indiana Jones. I call him that because of the many adventures we eventually had together.

He had a crush on me immediately! Flattering for me, you betcha! I don't remember all of the exact details, but we shared a lot of great moments together.

We were both good in school, which was another part of the attraction. We walked home together on nice days and shared a bus seat on others. Once a month there were dances in the gym on Friday night and we danced. Awkwardly, but just the same it was fun.

In 6th grade, we joined a bowling league on Saturday mornings that taught us how to bowl. His mom drove us. He tried to kiss me while we sat in the back seat of her car. He asked me to "go steady" with him and he gave me his initial ring. My mom said I was to young for that kind of thing and made me give it back. It really hurt him. We stayed in the same class through 8th grade but we never really shared the same kind of closeness after that.

We never had any classes together in high school so we just went our separate ways the way friends sometimes do.

I got married after graduation in 1970 and had 2 children. My starter husband decided after 14 years that he got married to young and realized he had fallen in love with someone else. We divorced in 1984 and I began looking for a life. I hadn't worked at a real job since before my son was born in 1971. I didn't know what I wanted to do except make enough money to support me and my 2 kids.

I became involved and lived with several different men throughout the years but did not get re-married. All of them were bad relationships. So bad that I thought I had had my one and only marriage.

After one particularly bad relationship, I started spending a lot of time at home, alone. I had bought my own home and had a pretty good job. Then I bought a computer and got on the internet. That sounds like such an understatement considering how much my life has changed because of that one small purchase!

Around Halloween of 2001, I signed up for Classmates.com looking for an old 'girl' friend. One that I had met in 5th grade so many years ago and had lost touch with. Well, as luck would have it, she wasn't on there.
I have since found her and a few others.

But much to my surprise, there was Indy! I emailed him, we talked on the phone and the rest has been one wonderful life. He was in California and recently single. Seems his wife of 14 years flew off to Australia to be with someone she met online and thought was gonna make her life sooo wonderful. Unlucky for her....he was already married.

Lucky for me! I traveled to visit him and see if we might rekindle that old spark, which we did! I spent the week of Thanksgiving there. What a wonderful time we had. In February of 2002 I flew back and we packed up his stuff and drove across the country together. We stopped at the Grand Canyon cause it's to important to miss!

We've both changed and had numerous relationships between us but we genuinely love and care for one another like no else in our lives has.

We decided to get married on Halloween of 2004. It was a small but fun wedding. Everyone wore costumes! We were Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara! We rented a beautiful antebellum home and had ribs and bar-b-q at the reception.

It seems computers and the web have played a significant role in our lives, now I'm gonna try to start another chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment